Welcome to the magical world of baking with medical cannabis! Loved for its therapeutic benefits by both medical and recreational users in Vista, Carlsbad, Escondido, Oceanside, Bonsall, San Marcos and surrounding areas in California, cannabis is incorporated into a variety of delicious treats. To get started, let’s cover some essential tips and tricks to ensure you’re getting the most out of your ‘green’ baking.
1. Start with Quality Cannabis: Before you get to baking, it’s important to start with a high-quality product. As the saying goes, “garbage in, garbage out.” If you wouldn’t smoke it, don’t bake with it. Pay a visit to your local dispensary to get the best quality medical weed.
2. Decarboxylate Your Cannabis: Raw cannabis cannot get you high. You have to heat it to convert THCA into THC. This process, known as decarboxylation, is typically done by lighting a joint. However, in the case of baking, you’ll need to do this in advance.
3. Use Fat: THC is fat-soluble. This means you’ll get the best effects from your cannabis if you dissolve it in a fat before adding it to your recipe. Butter and coconut oil are popular options.
4. Dose Carefully: If you’re new to medicated baking, you might be surprised at how potent these treats can be. Begin with a small amount of cannabis and gradually increase until you reach a level you’re comfortable with.
5. Test Your Potency: Don’t know how potent your batch of cannabis-infused fat is? Test it first. Make a small batch of whatever you’re baking and then see how one piece affects you after an hour.
6. Sweet and Savory: Medical cannabis can be used in a variety of recipes. Don’t confine yourself to sweets only. Explore cannabis-infused sauces, meats, and savory baked goods for a versatile culinary experience.
Above all, stay safe by paying attention to your dosage and always make sure you’re purchasing your cannabis from a recognized, legal cannabis dispensary. Whether you’re in Vista, Carlsbad, Escondido, Oceanside, Bonsall, San Marcos, or another part of California, you should be able to find a local dispensary that can meet your medical cannabis needs.